Even $1 will make a difference

Saturday, March 6, 2010

What I believe....

I just had an interesting conversation with my cousin about living what you believe and being true to yourself and your life. Perhaps a bit too generously my cousin stated that I seem to do this well. This prompted me to think about what it is that I actually truly believe in. This is what I know to be true:

  • Whatever energy even in thought we put out into the universe comes back to us! If you give love, happiness and joy that is what you receive back. None of us live in a bubble. We effect everything and everyone we come in contact with, which then in return effects us.
  • I believe we experience life to learn. In this same regard I believe we experience multiple lives cause as anyone knows there is so much to learn. How could anyone learn much of anything in just one short trip here? One go at this doesn't make any sense to me at all. This life I am learning all the different aspects of being a Caucasian female in America at the beginning of the 2nd millennium. That limits my experience so much so that the only thing that rings true to me is that this is only one of many lives I've experienced, all with something new and different to learn.
  • We choose to live each life with a life plan and a reason for being here. The concept of a life plan seems a bit daunting but don't worry cause I believe we come to this life accompanied by many souls to help us along the way. Spirit as well has human guides.
  • I also believe that people are put into our lives not by chance but on purpose and for a reason, as a catalyst to learn from each other. If that reason is completed then it is ok to move on cause there is someone else waiting that you've planned to spend some time with so that you can help each other learn something new. What could be more exciting then this? This has certainly been true for me as I have experienced many chapters (neglected & abused child, devout Mormon, lesbian, alpha fag-hag, student, pseudo married, single & promiscuous, want to be Jew, & the list goes on....) in my life. I've shared & leaned from all these experience with a great variety of people.
  • What is true for my life does not have to be true for someone else. All truths are valuable to whomever believes in them.
  • I just had an epiphany as I'm writing this. My core believe is that we choose to experience life so that we can learn. Everything else that I believe leads back to that core belief and is just commentary. Albeit very interesting commentary as I'm quite gifted with the skill of rambling on.

7 comments:

  1. You are beautiful, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops... that was Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great you KNOW what you believe. Lots of people still don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um. you're weird.

    haha, just kidding! i just thought i'd say it because what you think is out of the norm, which is "weird." therefore, you're wierd.

    or are you? and is what you believe really that strange? Most of the big religions think that you should be "good" because you want people to be good to you. the whole circle-thing, and we don't live in a bubble-thing. And learning? That's pretty much one of the truths that all big religions believe in too. Whether we're learning to be more like Christ, more like Buddha, or more like Brittney Spears, it's all a sort of learning, eh?

    i agree: you're beautiful. and i agree: it's great that you know what you believe because a lot of people not only don't know, but they don't care. and i know: you are learning a lot, and i'm learning a lot from you.

    thanks for sharing your beliefs, but not being a missionary about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering which cousin you had the conversation with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather,

    You are a beautiful person! Thank You for sharing your beliefs. And yes, we are here to learn and grow and how we choose to deal with situations will make or break us.

    ReplyDelete