Even $1 will make a difference

Monday, June 14, 2010

A definite LOL author!

I recently discovered a new genre in writing, the travel memoir. I stumbled upon this genre at Border's Bookstore. The title: "The Sex Lives of Cannibals, Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific" by J. Maarten Troost caught my eye. Now who wouldn't be interested in a title like that. The best part is that Troost is hilariously hilarious! He makes living on an atoll in the middle of no where sound interesting if you're into a diet of ONLY fish and using the Pacific as a toilet & a swimming hole. I've also read his 2 subsequent books. "Getting Stoned with Savages, A Trip Through the Island of Fiji and Vanuatu" & "Lost on Planet China, One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation."
If you have a library card I've donated my copies of these books to the North Logan library so you can check them out for free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment