Even $1 will make a difference

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting things done!

Here is a short update: (Mostly for Chris)

I'm getting some of the things on my "To Do List" checked off!
  • I've been renting a storage unit for $25 a month which isn't too spendy. Trouble is I've been paying this for the last 5 1/2 years for stuff that I don't really need. Obviously! I haven't needed it in 5 1/2 years! Yesterday I finally got completely emptied it out. I'm sad that I've wasted $1650.00 on this stuff purely for sentimental reasons and laziness but no more!
    You might be wondering where I took all my stuff. I tried to take it to Deseret Industries but they were closed for the Mormon holiday yesterday. I left it by the unloading area and as I was leaving a security guard drove up to me and told me to go take my stuff back! Are you serious! It's DI! Apparently DI doesn't take donations! Anyway, I ended up taking my stuff to a fabulous local thrift store called "Gammies." It's located at 521 N Main here in Logan, phone number 435-755-2198. The lady was so thankful for all the stuff I brought. I ended up buying 4 shirts & 2 overalls for Mo and the lady wanted to give them to me for free. I insisted that I pay for them so she gave them to me for the unbeatable price of $2.13! If you're looking for a thrift store in Cache Valley definitely support "Gammies!"
  • The next thing on my list was to call the companies I pay $ to each month and ask for better deals. The beauty part of working for loyalty at Qwest is I know what to say to get a deal. I called Comcast and they knocked $20 off my bill each month for the next year! Yippee! You may wonder why I don't have Qwest internet since I work for them. We don't offer internet in North Logan...yet....
  • With the help of my darling cousin Em I figured out that I have $250.00 each month that I have no idea what happens to it. I know, ridiculous! I set up direct deposit for this $ to go into my saving rather then to me. I'll get to England or on my cruise in no time at that rate.
  • Lastly I got on the year long waiting list with "Hanbury Manor." Hanbury Manor is an apartment complex that offers affordable rent for low income people. The waiting list for the 1 bedrooms really is a year, but I'll wait. I toured the apartments and they are so darling. I can even have pets! Plus there are washer & dryer hook ups! Good thing I have a year to save for such a purchase. :)
  • Lastly, I can't believe that everything I own fits into my studio apartment minus the Geo of course! It's refreshing to not have so much baggage weighing me down.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I need you to come take care of all my stuff now. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so am doing the same thing. I am trying to cut cost anyway i can. David on the other is all about material things. For me its not a big deal. Heck if i can get rid of my hair i think i can get rid of less important things. lol

    ReplyDelete