Even $1 will make a difference

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shut up & listen

As all of you know I've been trying to find a guy who might be interested in me as a person for a long time. I haven't really had much success in this area at all. I've pondered this dilemma a lot and have absolutely no insight as to why guys are not interested in me other then I'm not a "classic beauty." I feel I'm pretty open minded and not at all picky when I comes to being interested in a guy. My approach falls under the: "if he is interested in me then I'm interested in him" theory. You'd think this would be a good approach but alas it apparently has many unexpected innate faults to it.
That being said there are a few things on my "deal breaker list." The one I've run into lately is that I value the skill of being able to talk as well as being able to listen. Many people know how to talk endlessly but sometimes they don't know how to balance this out by shutting up and listening. How does anyone learn anything about the world if they don't shut up and listen once in a while? If you're at all interested in any of the other 8 billion humans sharing this rock we live on you have to listen to them once in a while. As anyone who knows me knows that I'm chatty, but I try very hard to shut up and listen to other people once in a while. I hate it when I'm explaining something and someone interrupts me and starts talking about themselves. I try very hard not to do this. If I do please tell me to shut up and listen.
This may seem very vague. What I'm trying to say is that if a guy is interested in me then I'm interested in him. I just understand don't how he can be interested in me if he won't be quit long enough to let me talk. How is he supposed to find out about the person he is interested in....."me?" Exactly, he can't!
Ok, I'm done venting now. Thanks for listening (reading).

3 comments: